Tangier Fish Plant Fire Update: Malfunctioning Furnace Found to be Cause of Fire
Halifax Regional Fire and Emergency has determined that the cause of the fire that destroyed Abriel Fisheries in Tangier on December 18, 2019, was due to a "malfunctioning furnace." It was ruled accidental.
Firefighters responded to the scene at approximately 11:55 a.m. on December 18 and found the main building engulfed in flames. Due to the size of the structure, emergency personnel struggled to contain the fire. The building ultimately collapsed. Corey Beals, assistant chief with Halifax Regional Fire and Emergency, said at the time that...
To Read Full Story Login Below.